Wednesday, August 21, 2013

CVS pharmacy

Okay, here's a vent...I had used the CVS pharmacy out on Temple for quite some time. I have several monthly medications which I've always received alerts about when they were ready for me. At the beginning of last week, I used the My Chart service to ask my PCP if he could call in some clindamycin for an abscessed tooth. Although I have medical insurance, I do not have dental and really couldn't afford 2 trips to my dentist. Every day I kept looking to see if anything had been updated-no results. Last Friday night the infection was causing such excruciating pain that I decided to go to the ER to get an antibiotic prescription-and yes, I realize that is clogging up the hospital with a non-emergency situation, but I did call my insurance company's 24 hr nurse line and was advised to seek immediate care as I am diabetic. I was sent back to the Fast Track area, and in a short time was informed that Dr. Vann had indeed called in the antibiotic on Wednesday and I could have already been on the road to killing the infection so I could have dental work done. They were able to get in touch with the 24 hour CVS so I could get my medicine that night. The following day I called CVS to inquire why I hadn't received a call or a text to let me know because I was signed up to receive these alerts months ago. The woman who answered the phone told me that, yes, I was signed up, but they didn't have my phone number. Really?? I told her that I have received alerts in the past, and all she could really say was that maybe I thought that was true, but they did NOT have my phone number. After going round and round for 20 minutes or so with her continuously arguing about my number, I finally decided just to take my prescription business elsewhere. Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting !! Your comment will show up soon.